Aug 29, 2014

5 Questions For: Tess K. MacDonald, July Floral Design

Name: Tess K. MacDonald        
Title: Owner and designer

Which of your designs or projects are you most excited about right now and why?
I will be providing fresh floral for a local marketplace opening up in a few months. It will be a new way for me to gather flowers for people.

Tell us three words that embody your design philosophy.
 Beauty. Movement. Celebration.

What's your favorite place in the Pacific Northwest and why?
 The islands—whether it’s the cozy winter sweater season, or the wide-open waters of summer. Both my parents and my husband’s parents call the San Juan and Gulf Islands home.

Who or what are you inspired by right now?
 My Mum. She’s a workaholic, but so in love with her landscape. She has over 5,000 plants she takes care of.

What do you think of the color gray?
I love it. It’s an integral part of my branding. It’s soothing, clean, and complements the mood of any floral. I especially love foliage that comes in gray.

Image courtesy of Tess K. MacDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment