Jul 16, 2013

Jonathan Adler Opening!

When I first heard someone say the words “Jonathan Adler” and “U Village” together in a sentence, I swear to you my heart skipped a beat. I’m a huge fan of color, and I adore bright pops of it around my apartment. So, when, after scouring the Internet and checking in with some trusty sources, I got the confirmation, I did an embarrassing little happy dance. In public.

After many months, the long awaited opening happened in June. Last Thursday Jonathan Adler himself showed up at the store for a big opening soirée, and I got to sit down and interview him. His personality is as colorful as his designs, and I will be posting that interview later this week.

For now, however, here are some fun picture from the event, and a look at the store. I keep saying, if you’re having a bad day just walk in here. You can’t step into a Jonathan Adler store without a smile.


Stay tuned for my Q&A! 



This sweet bedding has me reconsidering my room decor!


Ceramic canisters for every need... they are just plain fun!


With Associate Style Editor Nicole Munson and Andy Beers of Ore Studios.


 Perfect for an outdoor summer get together... and on sale too!


The perfect blend of mod inspiration and bright color combos.


A carefully curated corner in the store.


Guests noshed on Trophy cupcakes and sipped champagne. A percentage of all sales from the evening went to Dan Savage's It Gets Better campaign.


Susan Wheeler, owner of Susan Wheeler Home, interior designer and owner of Maison Luxe Kelie Grosso, and interior designer and owner of Revival  Leah Ball Steen--lovely ladies at the opening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment